Nova Scotia School Athletic Federation (NSSAF) Capital District Regional Track & Field Event
Newbridge Academy recently competed at the Nova Scotia School Athletic Federation (NSSAF) Capital District Regional Track & Field Event and would like to recognize our students that competed at Beazley Field in Dartmouth this past week. The events our students were able to compete in include hurdles, 100 meter sprint, 200 meter sprint, 400 meter, 800 meter, 1500 meter, 3000 meter, 4 x 100 meter relay, 4 x 400 meter relay, javelin, shot put, discus, long jump, triple jump and high jump.
The following 48 students competed at the meet: Oliver Arnfast, Dawson Blanchard, Josh Braine, Wil Chisholm, Adam Crocker, Angus England, Akihiro Enomoto, Lane George, Owen Gravel, Daniel Hornik, Zach Jenkins, Cameron MacLean, Liam MacRae, Ephram McNutt, Aidan Meister, Blake Pilgram-Edwards, Camden Rendell, Yutaro Sasaki, Emma Bishop, Samantha Blair, Paige Bodnar, Audrey Donahue, Mackenzie Drake, Tait Hayden, Annie HonKoop, Bella House, Molly Lenihan, Ashley Neves, Ashley Penney, Sophia Rowe, Carys Sullivan, Matthew Byron, Ben Dewar, Chase Ellis, Chris Fleming, Cameron Gale, David Hibbs, Noah House, Cameron Lewis, Gavin McGinn, Patrick McInnis, Duncan Nichols-Delay, Alex Provo, Jake Quillan, Jeremy Rehberg, Michael Short, Jack Taylor and Alex Williams.
All of our student athletes performed exceptionally well and represented the school with great pride, integrity and athletic ability. Of our 48 athletes a select few were able to qualify for Provincials being held at Beazley Field in Dartmouth this coming Friday, June 2nd and Saturday, June 3rd. To qualify they had to place in the Top 4 of their respective events which was open to all of the secondary schools within the Halifax Regional Municipality. Fifth place finishes allowed some of our students to serve as the spare/alternate for the upcoming provincial meet as well.
The following athletes qualified for provincials:
- Annie HonKoop – Spare/Alternate 80m hurdles
- Oliver Arnfast – 1st Place 100m hurdles and 2nd Place Junior Boys Javelin
- Tait Hayden – 3rd Place Intermediate Girls Triple Jump
- Lane George – 1st Place Junior Boys Shot Put
- Owen Gravel – 2nd Place Junior Boys Shot Put
- Wil Chisholm – Spare/Alternate Junior Boys Shot Put and Junior Boys Javelin
- Ashley Penney – 3rd Place Junior Girls Discus and 4th Place Junior Girls Shot Put
- Ducan Nichols-Delay – 2nd Place Intermediate Boys Javelin
- Paige Bodnar – 3rd Place Intermediate Girls Discus
- Ephram McNutt – 3rd Place Junior Boys Javelin
- Chase Eliis – 1st Place Intermediate Boys Discus
- Camden Rendell – Spare/Alternate Junior Boys Triple Jump
- Emma Bishop – 4th Place Intermediate Girls Javelin
- Owen Gravel – 1st Place Junior Boys Discus
- Zach Jenkins – 4th Place Junior Boys Discus
- Adam Crocker – Spare/Alternate Junior Boys Discus
- Junior Girls 4 x 100m relay – Spare/Alternate (Annie HonKoop, Molly Lenihan, Makenzie Drake and Samantha Blair)
- Junior Girls 4 x 400m relay – 4th Place (Annie HonKoop, Molly Lenihan, Samantha Blair, Audrey Donahue)
Newbridge Academy would like to congratulate all of our student athletes for representing our school in competition and wish luck to those competing this coming weekend.