High School Semester One Examinations
Dear Newbridge families,
I am contacting you today to communicate pertinent information regarding Semester One examinations, which will take place from Monday, January 28th to Wednesday, January 30th, and Newbridge Academy’s policies during this time.
Examinations begin promptly at 9:00am and 1:00pm, and students are allotted 3 hours to write. Newbridge Academy will provide regular transportation to and from school during exam week. Students who have access to a personal vehicle, or who organize transportation with a parent/guardian, may leave after their examination.
Below are key points of interest regarding our exam policies:
- Programs will not run during exam week.
- Exams are scheduled for a three hour period of time. Students must remain in the exam room for a minimum of one and a half hours.
- Students are permitted to leave the building after they have finished their exam, as long as they are being picked up by a parent or guardian, or are driving themselves.
- Scheduled classes will run until Friday, January 25th, with extra-help opportunities available by appointment.
- Teachers are available to provide extra-help during exam week, and students are encouraged to book an appointment with their teacher in advance.
- Students must leave their bags and books in a specific location in each classroom, as they are not permitted to have these items with them at their desk during the exam.
- Cell phones are to be turned off and left in the student’s bag prior to the exam’s start.
- Students are not permitted to wear hats during an exam.
- Students must wear their school uniform to school during exam week.
- A student who is unable to write an exam due to a medical reason must present a doctor’s note upon his or her return to school, and an alternative date will be set for the missed examination.
- All students are required to write a minimum of two exams. Students who qualify for an exemption may write an exam at no penalty to their overall grade. Please see Section 4.6 of the Parent and Student Handbook for further information on our exemption policy.
I appreciate your attention to this matter. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above information.