23rd ANNUAL CHRONICLE HERALD HOLIDAY PARADE OF LIGHTS
The Parade is this Saturday, November 17, 2018 and begins at 6:00 p.m
All participants must be ready to depart the marshalling area in the DND lot located near Upper Water Street at 5:45 p.m.
-You must arrive on time to ensure your place in the parade.
-We are Number 19 in the line up. Passes are attached below.
Road closures will begin at approximately 4:30 p.m. – or earlier due to Red Nose Run but bridges will be open. The parade will take place rain, shine – or snow!
Float participants and walking groups can enter at the Niobe Gate Bridge on Barrington Street (Irving Shipbuilding).
You will be greeted by a volunteer confirming your position in the lineup o This is a two-way traffic entrance
There will be a check in at each gate. Participants must show their access pass and should know the float entry number which is 19. Only participants in the parade and military staff working that day are allowed access to the Marshalling Area.
Participants may park in the parking lots at the DND area, although parking is not guaranteed. Please arrive early to ensure a parking space.
Parade begins immediately after the Red Nose Run near 6 PM or when deemed safe by police. It takes approximately two hours to finish the route. Route is 2.5km long. Ensure walking participants are dressed appropriately and able to walk full distance.
- Port-a-potties will be in the Marshalling Area
- No guests visiting or watching in the Marshalling Area
- No smoking on the Parade route, no drinking in Marshalling Area or on route.
- Map attached below
- Eastlink TV live broadcast takes place on Barrington Street in front of Grand Parade. Camera in bucket above entries and on Grand Parade side of the street. Participants need to pause at this area. Participants should be smiling and waving at cameras.
- VIP viewing area on Victoria Park (corner of Spring Garden Road and South Park Street). Parade sponsors and contest winners sitting here.
- IWK viewing area (located on University Ave outside of IWK) – smile and wave!
- No getting on or off floats or vehicles during the parade.
- No distribution of items of any kind, including candy or promo materials
- 25 to 50-foot gap between each entrant (about three to five car lengths).
- Dress warmly and wear proper footwear – parade goes on regardless of weather.
- Walking groups must complete the entire route.
END OF ROUTE – Parade ends on Robie Street.
- End of route fenced off to spectators, large police presence.
- Security will be directing all vehicles and volunteers will be helping to direct participants inside the Tupper building.
For participants on floats or in walking groups, there is a safe pick-up area located inside the Sir Charles Tupper Medical Building on Dalhousie University Campus (5850 College Street) at the end of the route. You can wait here until the parade ends/streets reopen to be picked up. All children should be accompanied by an adult.
Parents of children in the parade need to be made aware of this location.
There will be hot chocolate and treats for everyone.
The parade will be on Eastlink TV every Saturday in December at 5pm
Show a Photo of this Pass: