The Newbridge Academy Golf Program enters its fourth year with its largest enrolment ever. Led by PGA of Canada Coach, Andrew Noseworthy, it includes important aspects for both the recreational and competitive golfer to improve. The Golf Program is available for students from grades 3 to 12. It allows students to graduate with their Nova Scotia Department of Education High School diploma from highly-trained Nova Scotia licensed teachers, while integrating intensive golf specific training.
Unlike traditional golf swing instruction, at Newbridge Academy, the students are coached on a variety of topics such as:
- Rules knowledge and testing
- Tactical planning
- Equipment evaluation
- Mental performance
- Skill benchmarking
- Goal setting
- Decision making
All of these subjects are important for growth of the golfer – it’s so much more than just working on your swing. The depth with which we go into each topic will be age and experience dependent and tailored to the individual golfer.
There are a variety of training sites used throughout the school year to facilitate the Golf Program:
- Classroom – Newbridge Academy campuses
- Indoor turf – East Hants Sportsplex and Sackville Sports Stadium
- Outdoor practice facilities – The Links at Penn Hills
- On course – The Links at Penn Hills and Lost Creek Golf Club
- Off Season – Junior High and High School March Break trip to Florida
The Newbridge Academy Golf Program exposes students to high-level education and first class training never seen before in Nova Scotia.