Emmet Hall-Hoffarth Academic Scholarship
We at Newbridge Academy are proud to announce the first of six academic scholarships, The Emmet Hall-Hoffarth Scholarship!
As you would expect from our Alumi, Emmet was honoured and excited to have a scholarship named after him. “Firstly, I would just like to express how honoured I am to have this scholarship given out in my name. I have heard that there have been some major developments, and I am happy to see how far things have come.” – Emmet Hall-Hoffarth
Some accomplishments since being a Newbridge Academy Student:
- University of British Columbia; 2nd year; BA Combined Major Economics and Statistics with Minor in Commerce.
- Awards (All were presented by UBC):
- John Young Memorial Prize in Economics – Awarded to students who demonstrate mastery in Economics 101 and 102.
- Trek Excellence Scholarship – Awarded to students in the top 5% of their faculty and year level.
- Chancellor’s Scholar Award – Designation given to exceptional entrants in their first year.
- Student Scholarship in Arts – Scholarship awarded to arts students by the recommendation of the faculty.
- Furthermore, he was awarded the Chemistry and French awards from St.George’s School in Switzerland (his high school), which are awarded to the graduating student who displays exceptional commitment to the study of each respective discipline.
Emmet highlights how his experience at Newbridge Academy has enriched his life by stating:
“Newbridge was essential in charting the course for my life to follow. The combination of physical and mental training helped me to develop values such as work-ethic, integrity, and, commitment which have proved invaluable in my continued academic career. I believe that my experience at Newbridge has helped form me into a more complete individual, with a deep understanding of the meaning of hard work and its connection to success, along with an appreciation for the moral values that should guide my life. Furthermore, the school fostered a belief in me of the importance of physical activity for the improvement of body and mind.”
Newbridge Academy Headmaster, Jason Wolfe says “During his time at Newbridge Academy, Emmet’s commitment to his studies, sport, and peers was remarkable. His academic curiosity was well developed and he took great pride in his work. He was a outstanding ambassador for Newbridge Academy and a proud alumnus.”
Thank you Emmet – you are a leader and we are proud to announce a Scholarship in your Honour.
To apply for the Emmet Hall-Hoffarth Academic Scholarship – please fill out the form located here.